Sunday 4 July 2010

In three weeks' time...


...we'll be married and heading for the beach. Before then, a few more things to sort out and a crazy-looking four-day action plan where everything is timed to the last minute. Almost.

Here's a blog I wish I had found six months ago, Parisian Party, by expat wedding planner Kim Petyt, who was at the Cupcake Camp this weekend (sugary sweet photos to come!). I'm too late for the beautiful decoration ideas, and the practical advice for foreigners daring to brave the administration and get married here would have been just what I was looking for last November, but her post on wedding money boxes is just what I'm looking for.


It is accepted and in some parts of France, traditional, to give money as wedding presents. As this seems a bit full-on for our British sensibilities, we deliberated for a long while before choosing to do the same - the idea of a package honeymoon just isn't us, so we've asked for guest contributions directly. So I need to make a box for guests to put their cards in... Kim has picked out some great ideas from Mains et Merveilles, designed and made by hand for a rather reasonable fee by Fanny.

I'll be off to investigate hat boxes and decoration ideas in mint green, dove grey and fuschia pink on Friday...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...