Sunday 16 October 2011

With a cape of Harris Tweed


Listening to an item on Woman's Hour on Harris Tweed, which has taken me back to a very peaceful break on Harris earlier this year during which my sister and I bought Harris Tweed capes, sported proudly in the photo above, in the front garden of the croft we stayed in.


Harris Tweed warehouse and shop near the quayside in Tarbet. 
Harris Tweed is spun, woven and dyed in the Outer Hebrides using wool from the islands and is known around the world for its quality, protected by Parliament with the Orb mark, now 100 years old. Individual weavers work on looms at home to make cloth under the Harris Tweed Authority, which is then sold on in more than 40 countries and has featured in the work of designers like Alexander McQueen, Calvin Klein and Vivienne Westwood.

Wearing my cape makes me happy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...